Laptops checked out during Spring 2023 semester are due back to Dacus Library on May 3, 2023.
To request a laptop, e-mail email@example.com
The library works in collaboration with Computing and Technology Services to make a limited number of laptop computers available for semester loan to students. To request a laptop:
- Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is the only way to request a laptop. Walk-up checkouts are not available.
- You will receive an e-mail when your laptop is available for pickup
- All laptops can be picked up at the library Information Commons Desk during posted library hours.
- You will receive a laptop, charger, instruction sheet, and a return shipping box.
- All laptops must be returned at the end of the semester
- The library will ship a laptop to your home address if necessary; however, return shipping, including shipping costs, are the responsibility of the borrower. If you prefer to have your device shipped to you, please indicate this in your request and provide accurate shipping information.
- Borrowers who don't return their laptops by the billing date will incur a $2200 charge on their Winthrop accounts. $200 of this is non-refundable.
- Winthrop University has the sole authority to determine the need for and to initiate repairs to devices. The borrower is responsible for damages that occur while the device is in their possession.
- Faculty and staff computing needs are managed by the Winthrop University Computing and Technology Department.