- Get Help
- Our Services
- Our Collections
- Our Spaces
- Programs and Events
- About Us
Dacus Library has both physical books and ebooks available for use! You can find both through OneSearch.
Once you've started a search, you can find a physical book by selecting "Held by library" under the Availability dropdown menu; alternatively, you can find ebooks by selecting "Available online" from the same dropdown menu.
Step by step instructions for finding a book in OneSearch:
1. Start at the Dacus Library Homepage.
2. Type the title, topic, or keyword search you're looking for into the OneSearch search box and click search.
3. Your search will automatically bring up results for a variety of materials including books, ebooks, articles, etc. To limit your search to books or ebooks only, use the drop down filters on the left hand side of the search results. You will filter by Resource Type and choose Books.
4. Additionally, you can filter further by using Availability or Location if you are looking for a book that we have here in our physical collection.
Example: Here are books that are in the General Circulating Collection. We used the filter Location > General Collection -- Circulating.
5. You can also search by ISBN in OneSearch Advanced Search by selecting ISBN from the "Any Field" dropdown menu.
If you are looking for an item that we don't have at Dacus Library, you can request to borrow a book from another South Carolina academic library through our free, state-wide rapid delivery service, PASCAL Delivers.
To search for items within the PASCAL network, choose "PASCAL Libraries" from the drop down in your OneSearch search box.
ILL (Interlibrary Loan)
If you need to borrow an item that is not owned by Dacus Library and is not available through PASCAL Delivers, you may request to borrow an item through our Interlibrary Loan services.