QH Natural history (General) , Biology (General)
QM Human anatomy
QP Physiology / Biochemistry
Use the Dacus Online Catalog (DOC) to find books.
1) Try a keyword search for your topic.
2) Look at several relevant records from the results list and write down words and phrases from the "subject" area of the record.
3) Go back to the search screen and search by SUBJECT using the words you identified in step 2.
4) When you find something you would like to see, copy down the call number and location, then locate the item on the shelf.
Request it from another library!
1) Search Pascal Delivers for books available in other South Carolina libraries. Pascal Delivers will deliver requested books to Dacus Library.
2) If not available through Pascal Delivers, request the item through Interlibrary Loan. The item, if available, will be mailed to Dacus Library.
3) To search for books in libraries worldwide, search WorldCat. Request items through Interlibrary Loan if not available in Dacus Library.
Search NCBI Bookshelf
Bookshelf, the books division of the NLM Literature Archive (LitArch) at the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), is an online searchable collection of books, reports, databases, and other scholarly literature in biology, medicine, and the life sciences