1. You will be chatting with a librarian over the computer. Both you and the librarian will be able to share your computer screen so we are able to guide you through the research process.
2. We do this by using a service called Zoom. It is integrated into our chat service, and that is how you will initiate the meeting.
3. Zoom is easy to use and easy to download onto your computer. The librarian will send a request through our chat service, and all you have to do is click the link to get started.
4. Once you do that you will be prompted to either download the client, or open it up in your browser.
5. Finally, you can simply put in your name if you join from the browser to quickly start a meeting without having to sign up for Zoom.
What We Can Do
How to Book a Librarian
View the calendar of all librarians' available appointments. To book with any librarian who is available keep the staff member selection set to "no preference" and select a date and time. When filling out the form, provide as much information as possible about your research question(s). To book an appointment with a particular librarian, change the staff member selection to the librarian of your choice and then select a date and time.
To view each librarian's profile, select the name above his or her profile picture below. You can then book an appointment or email the librarian if you want to schedule an appointment at a time he or she does not currently have listed as available.