Artemis: Literary Sources (Mostly Full Text)
- Comprehensive resource on literary topics, authors, and their works. Includes full-text articles from journals and literary magazines, excerpts from scholarly books, literary correspondence, and diaries; book reviews; biographical essays on authors; full texts of poems and short stories from contemporary journals and magazines; and links to Web sites on authors and their works
- Worldwide coverage of all genres and disciplines and all time periods
- Integrates the following online literary databases: Contemporary Authors Online, Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online, Gale Virtual Reference Library, Literature Criticism Online, Literature Resource Center-LRC, Something About the Author Online.
- Print, save, or email articles
- Updated daily
JSTOR (100% Full-Text Articles in PDF)
- Full text of hundreds of scholarly journals; all included go back to their very first issue
- Most journals included have an embargo of several years after initial publication before their articles can be added to the database ("Moving Wall")
- Searchable; can limit by language, document type, and date, and to a specific discipline or even one or more specific journals
- Multi-disciplinary; students in this class should use the Language & Literature discipline area
- Remember to use quotes (" ") when searching phrases
- Can copy or export citations in MLA 8 format
- To print or save an article from a Library computer, first click the link for Download PDF, then the link I Accept, Proceed to PDF. Click the PDF Print icon to print the article. To save the article, click the Download icon, wait until the article appears on the screen, click the same icon again, and choose Save File, which will save the article to the Downloads folder on the Desktop. Then you can choose where to save the article (flash drive, your Z drive, Google Docs, Dropbox, etc.). To email an article from a Library computer, Download the article, open your own email program, and send the document as an email attachment.
- Also included in JSTOR: Understanding Shakespeare. Includes digitized versions of 38 plays. The user can pick a play, click on a line in the play, and see articles on JSTOR that reference the line.
MLA International Bibliography (Citations, Some Abstracts, Limited Full Text)
- Core database covering the areas of language, literature, linguistics, and folklore
- Structured and works like Academic Search Complete
- Covers 1921 to the present; updated nine times a year
- Most comprehensive international index for scholarly research on all aspects of literature
- Covers scholarly journal articles, books, conference proceedings, dissertations, bibliographies, etc.
- Search by keyword(s), title, author, or subject
- Can limit search by language or publication type
- Print, download, or email search results and full-text articles