Films on Demand
- Web-based streaming video platform for viewing documentaries, television programs, and educational and instructional videos
- Film producers include PBS, the BBC, ARTE France, Films for the Humanities & Sciences, Bill Moyers, the Broadway Digital Archive, and many more
- As of Feb. 4, 2019, there are 2,121 titles in the subject area of English
- Updated daily
JSTOR (100% Full-Text Articles in PDF)
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-language, full text database of hundreds of scholarly (peer-reviewed) journal articles; all journals included go back to their very first issue
- Searchable; can limit the search by language, document type, and date of publication. Must select a specific discipline or one or more specific journals within a discipline for the search
- Students in this class should use the Language & Literature discipline area
- Remember to use quotes (" ") when searching phrases
- Can copy citations in MLA 8 format
- To print an article, click on the DOWNLOAD PDF button, then on the link I Accept JSTOR's Terms and Conditions, proceed to PDF. Use the PDF Print icon to print the article.
- To email an article from an ACC computer, click on the DOWNLOAD PDF button, then on the link I Accept JSTOR's Terms and Conditions, proceed to PDF. Click on the PDF Download icon; the article will be saved to the Downloads folder on the computer. On the citation page before the article, the Stable URL will have a number at the end of the address; this number will help you locate the article in the Downloads folder. Open your own email program, create a new message, find the article in the Downloads folder, attach it to the email you just created, and send the document wherever you want. **Remember: The article will be saved in the Downloads folder for only a short while, until you log off the computer or until the computer refreshes itself.**
- Option: Download the article to your Z:\ drive, a flash drive, or to a Web cloud storage program, such as Google Docs, Dropbox, etc.
- Also included in JSTOR: Understanding Shakespeare. Includes digitized versions of 38 plays and the sonnets. The user can pick a play, click on a line in the play, and see articles in JSTOR that reference the line.
- Web-based streaming video platform for viewing documentaries, movies and television programs, and educational and instructional videos.
- Includes documentaries, The Criterion Collection, World Cinema, Oscar Winners and Nominees, Classic Films, Critics' Picks, Current Affairs, Great Courses, and more
- Updated monthly
Literary Sources (Mostly Full Text)
- Comprehensive resource on literary topics, authors, and their works. Includes full-text articles from journals and literary magazines, excerpts from scholarly books, literary correspondence, and diaries; book reviews; biographical essays on authors; full texts of poems and short stories from contemporary journals and magazines; and links to Web sites on authors and their works
- Worldwide coverage of all genres and disciplines and all time periods
- Integrates the following online literary databases: Contemporary Authors Online, Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online, Gale Virtual Reference Library, Literature Criticism Online, Literature Resource Center-LRC, Something About the Author Online.
- Print, save, or email articles
- Updated daily
MLA International Bibliography with Full Text (Citations, Some Abstracts)
- Core database covering the areas of language, literature, linguistics, and folklore
- Structured and works like Academic Search Complete
- Covers 1921 to the present; updated nine times a year
- Most comprehensive international index for scholarly research on all aspects of literature
- Covers scholarly journal articles, books, conference proceedings, dissertations, bibliographies, etc.
- Search by keyword(s), title, author, or subject; not all search results have full-text articles with them
- Can limit search by language or publication type
- Print, download, or email search results and full-text articles